See the Data Cookbook in Action
Regularly scheduled, these show the value of the Data Cookbook and introduce you to many of the features. Bring your friends!see public demos
Choose a time that works for you. Do a deeper dive into the Data Cookbook. Let us know what topics you want to focus on.schedule a demo
Want to see the Data Cookbook right now? Watch some of these short videos of a pre-recorded demonstration.pre-recorded demos
Learn More about the Data Cookbook
Got a few minutes? Check out this short intro video to the concepts of the Data Cookbook. A great way to enjoy a cup of coffee!
Integrate with Reporting Tools
You have metrics, but are they understood? Integrate the Data Cookbook with your reporting tools.
By the Numbers
Basic stats about the Data Cookbook, including a map of where the Data Cookbook clients are.
Attend a Data Governance Best Practices Webinar
Register for a Webinar
Wed, Apr 26 - Building a Strong Data Culture thru Data Governance Best Practices - 3:00 to 4:00pm EDT
Wed, May 10 - Why Do Most Data Governance Initiatives Fail and What To Do About It - 3:00 to 4:00pm EDT
Thu, May 18 - Data Cookbook Spring 2017 Users Group - 2:30pm to 4:30pm EDTRegister for a Webinar
Track quality rules and validate data. Workflow for approval of rules and resolution of quality issues.
Import and visualize technical metadata and data models. Connect to your definitions.
Document ETL processes and data mappings. View lineage of data. Use projects to manage sets of specifications.
IDataHub Integration Suite
Validate data quality rules against your database. Synchronize technical metadata for extended data systems.
The Data Quality features included in the Enterprise Edition will enable you to document data quality rules (functional and technical details) including valid value lists as well as managing data quality issue resolution.
Data Quality Rules can be connected to Definitions. New workflows are available for the approval of data quality rules as well as the resolution of data quality issues.
With the IDataHub Integration Suite, many automations can be added:
- reference data (valid value lists) can be kept in synch with your data systems
- data quality rules can be executed and validated on your data systems
- issues identified can be automatically reported back through the data quality issue resolution workflow.
• Ensure that your validation rules and quality checks are documented and connected with your business glossary.
• These rules are reviewed and approved by stewards. Provide a workflow for reporting and resolving data quality issues that involve your data governance structures.
• Integrate with your data systems using the IDataHub to exercise the quality rules and push any exceptions in to the workflow for resolving quality issues.
With the features included in the Enterprise Edition, you can provide detailed technical documentation, including a visual representation of the data model, for all data systems within your organization. Track owners, access, security rules and other hard to find information on all data systems. Connect your current technical definitions to points in the data model and other attributes of the data system. Provides a workflow for resolution of impact of any changes of the data model.
With the IDataHub Integration Suite, the technical metadata can be kept in synch with your actual databases, automating the analysis of the impact of change and alerting you from unplanned changes in the underlying data systems.
• Increase the value of your business glossary by relating it directly to the data model of your source systems.
• Visualize your data systems by importing its structure into the Data Cookbook. Provide a workflow for resolving any changes to the data model and the ripple effects into your business glossary and reporting deliverables.
• Integrate directly with your data systems using the IDataHub to keep the content refreshed and push any changes in to the workflow for updating the data systems.
With the features included in the Enterprise Edition, you can document many different types of specifications based on pre-delivered templates. Examples include ETL, data mappings, Dashboards, Pivot Tables, and templates specific to reporting tools. View lineage of your data based on the mappings you have documented.
In addition, extend your specifications with your own attributes including events and dates to support a reporting calendar.
Specification Mixes are also introduced with this module as a new way to group and work with specifications that are related.
• Provide a default set of requirements to capture for each different kind of reporting done on campus.
• Increase effectiveness of reporting by providing a way to capture different sets of requirements for different kinds of reporting.
IDataHub Integration Suite
The IDataHub is a separately licensed product that is designed to enhance the features of the Enterprise Edition by providing integrations between your Data Cookbook account and your data systems within your organizations.
Installed on premise, the IDataHub is an integration platform. This suite includes components to read your Data Quality Rules from the Data Cookbook and test them against your data systems. The results can be sent back to the Data Cookbook to be handled by the workflow for resolution of data quality issues. This suite also includes components to synchronize technical metadata about your data systems (including the schema or model) with the Extended Data Systems in the Data Cookbook. Changes or issues in the synchronization are handled in the Data Cookbook with an impact resolution workflow.